Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Samba de Uma Nota Só

Samba de Uma Nota Só or One note Samba in english is a piece of Bossa Nova music and Brazil's gift to the world. I am so in love with that song. Hearing it really clears my mind and places me at ease, makes me carefree and my spirit becomes enthralled with it's fascinating rhythm. I cannot really help to sway my body or tap my feet upon hearing that magnificent piece of music, by the way it's not just a piece of music, it's truly a masterpiece! It is probably one of the best if not the best piece of Bossa Nova music ever created after all it was composed by none other than the father of Bossa Nova himself, Antonio Carlos Jobim and the lyrics was written by señor Newton Ferreira de Mendonça and had been performed by different singers as diverse as Frank Sinatra, Ella FItzgerald, Diana Krall and of course our very own Sitti Navarro. I highly recommend it for people who really appreciate music, especially Bossa Nova and Jazz. Oh here is a youtube link of Maestro Antonio Carlos Jobim performing it live. Simply Magnifique!

No comments: